Sunday 3 March 2013

Scopello



I took this picture in Scopello (Sicily) a small village of 80 souls which grew around a baglio (fortified buildings which contained a courtyard, sort of little castles). It still has an intact feudal-Sicily era identity to it and although there's not much to do there (really, the place is microscopic) it is definitely well worth visiting.
I did various shots of this fountain before this one so when this dog suddenly jumped on I was lucky to have the camera already set up to my preferences . I knew it was a matter of seconds before I would lose momentum, no much time to think.
The two pigeons at the other side was another lucky coincidence.
Overall a very atmospheric image that reminds me of my beloved island.

copyright © Emiliano Santoro.
All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment